Monday, December 30, 2013

Kickin' Rocks

I know I should comment on the Alamo Bowl, but damn it...right now all I feel is apathy. Pairing us with Oregon shows one of two things: selection committee had way more respect for Texas, or they wanted to exploit a decimated team with a lame duck coach. (C'mon, this is the NCAA and anything is possible.)
I feel sick that someone like Mack Brown received that kind of send off. Anyone who knows anything will tell you it was a huge mismatch. You may think I am making excuses, I promise you, I'm not. If it weren't for our defense we would have lost by 1 zillion points. The offense (injuries or not) just couldn't get anything going. And, before everyone jumps on the "blame Case McCoy" bandwagon, this was not entirely his fault. If you are a receiver, and you run the correct routs, you have one job....CATCH and HOLD onto the damn ball.
Mack deserved better, the players definitely deserved better, the fans..well we expected better.Those who think hiring a new head coach, and most likely changing the entire coaching staff, should not expect Texas playing for the National Title immediately. If they do, they are so delusional, they might need medication.

No comments:

Post a Comment